Presently the Centre Librarian (Librarian 1) at the Abeokuta Library and Learning Resource Centre, Abeokuta Study Centre, National Open University of Nigeria. I am a certified academic librarian (CLN) with membership in the following professional associations: Nigerian Library Association (NLA), Librarians Registered Council of Nigeria (LRCN), American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE), American Library Association (ALA), North Carolina Library Association (NCLA) and International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA).
Taught and facilitated graduate courses in the Department of Adult and Higher Education at the North Carolina State University , Raleigh, NC, USA. 2007 – 2008.
Completed my doctorate degree (Ed.D) at North Carolina State University in 2012, my Masters in Library Science at North Carolina Central University in 2002, Masters in Communication Arts (MCA) at the University of Ibadan in 1987, and Bachelor of Arts (B. A Honors) English from University of Ife in 1975.
I have attended many conferences and workshops Internationally and nationally, spanning several years; some of the more recent national conferences include:
- Librarians Registered Council of Nigeria National Conference, Abuja 2017
- Productivity, Leadership and the result Oriented Organization by Eureka Consulting, Lagos. (sept. 2014)
- Workshop/Training for Key Librarians held at Centre for Learning Resource, NOUN, Lagos (Nov.2014)
- 2nd Sensitization Workshop for Senior Staff of National Open University of Nigeria, on Open Educational Resources (OER) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) in Lagos (Feb.2015).
- Current Trends in Library and Information Services, by NLA at College of Education, Abeokuta (June, 2015)
- Tele-Conferecing on the Introduction to the Use of Sierra Software, by Centre for Learning, NOUN, Lagos (Sept. 2015)
- Head of unit & Centre Librarian
- Library in Education
- Library and Social Connectedness
- Library and Community Collaborations
- Chapman, D.D., Wiessner, C.A., Morton, J., Fire, N., Jones, L.S., & Majekodunmi, D. (2009). Crossing scholarly divides: Barriers and bridges for doctoral students attending scholarly conferences. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development, 23(1), 6-24.
- Sparks, B. and Majekodunmi, D. (2003). Educational experiences of Latino students in North Carolina Community Colleges. Latino Education Summit, Durham Technical Community College, Durham NC.
- Chapman, D.D., Wiessner, C.A., Morton, J., Fire, N., Jones, L.S., & Majekodunmi, D. (2006). Crossing scholarly divides: Barriers and bridges for doctoral students attending scholarly conferences.
- NCSU Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Showcase, September 14-15, 2006, NC State University.
- Chapman, D.D., Wiessner, C.A., Morton, J., Fire, N., Jones, L.S., &Majekodunmi, D. (2007). What adult doctoral students need: Access to the profession through scholarly conferences. North Carolina Adult Education Association Conference, March 12, 2007, Raleigh NC.